We’re seeking a Copywriter to join our growing team at Context Creative.
The ideal writer is a polished communicator, is curious, unintimaidated by challenges, rolls with the punches, works quickly and effectively, and collaborates easily.
Context is not a traditional design firm, nor an advertising agency. Trusted by clients providing vital public services, we make meaningful connections to solve complex communications and design challenges that affect real people and drive positive change. We’re looking for someone who wants to inspire people to take action on issues that matter.
- Create copy for B2B and B2C campaign concepts, websites, print and online advertising, social media, email marketing, radio and more.
- Collaborate with strategists, creative directors, designers, and account management teams to translate briefs into effective messaging.
- Research complex topics and translate them to plain English.
- Ensure all content aligns with client brand and writing guidelines.
- Implement stringent quality control, including proofreading to perfection.
- Integrate feedback from multiple stakeholders, round to round.
- 5 – 7 years of experience writing B2B and/or B2C content in an agency or corporate environment.
- Strong writing skills across a variety of media.
- Experience in writing long and short copy for campaigns and other marketing materials.
- Strong MS Office, GSuite and Acrobat skills. Experience with Figma, Adobe design tools and accessibility/AODA is an asset.
- A roll-up-the-sleeves approach to collaborating with a creative team.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently across several projects simultaneously.
- A post-secondary education in English, advertising, journalism, communications or related fields.
- Bonus: experience writing for energy, financial, healthcare or other government sectors.
Company Culture and Perks
- We are a growing, fast-paced, and purposeful agency, driven by a set of core values that define everything we do. We offer:
- Flexible, hybrid work arrangements.
- Annual company shutdown during the holiday season.
- Frequent studio-wide social events.
- Budget and time allotted for professional development.
- Commitment to wellbeing and work life balance.
- Competitive benefits package.
Diversity and Inclusion
Some of our best ideas emerge when different perspectives collide. That’s just one of the reasons we’re committed to building and retaining a team that reflects diverse backgrounds, identities, experiences and abilities. Through our core values, we’re also fostering a culture where everyone feels heard, included and comfortable being themselves.
- Please submit a CV and 6-8 writing samples (or link to an online portfolio) demonstrating breadth of work, including long and short copy examples. Applications without writing samples will not be considered.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are accommodated to participate in the interview process. Please contact us to request accommodation at: Accessibility@ContextCreative.com.